PARIS and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., 06 Oct 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Biophytis SA (NasdaqCM: BPTS, Euronext Growth Paris: ALBPS), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing therapies that slow down degenerative processes associated with aging and improve functional outcomes for patients with age-related diseases, including severe respiratory failure in patients with COVID-19, announces today that it will host a Virtual Key Opinion Leader (KOL) event on October 6e, 2021, on its flagship projects, Sarconeos (BIO101) for the treatment of COVID-19 and sarcopenia.
The webinar will feature a presentation of four KOLs, including:
- For the COVA study with Sarconeos (BIO101) in COVID-19:
- Professor Suzana Margareth Ajeje Lobo, MD, Hospital de Base Da Faculdade de Medicina de São José Do Rio Preto, State of São Paulo, Brazil
- Dr Girish Balachandran Nair, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Medical Director of the Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Program and Associate Program Director for the Lung and Critical Care Fellowship at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, USA United
- For the SARA study with Sarconeos (BIO101) in Sarcopenia:
- Professor Bruno Vellas, MD, PhD, Gerontopole Chair at the University of Toulouse in France
- Dr Roger A. Fielding, Ph.D., Associate Director of the Center, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Director and Senior Scientist, Laboratory of Nutrition, Exercise Physiology and Sarcopenia, Professor of Nutrition and Medicine, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University School of Medicine as well as Associate Director, Boston Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center Boston, MA
The virtual event will take place on October 6e, 2021, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CET, with two distinct sessions: COVA / COVID-19 then SARA / Sarcopenia. To register for the event, please click on here.
The first session will be dedicated to the COVA project in COVID-19:
- Time: 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- KOLs: Prof Girish Nair (USA) and Dr Suzanna Lobo (Brazil)
- Biophytis representatives: Stanislas Veillet (CEO), Evelyne Nguyen (CFO) and Rob Van Maanen (CMO)
The second session will be devoted to the SARA project in Sarcopenia:
- Time: 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- KOL: Pr
- Bruno Vellas (France) and Dr Roger A. Fielding (United States)
- Biophytis representatives: Stanislas Veillet (CEO), Evelyne Nguyen (CFO) and Jean Mariani (Director of the Scientific Council)
Biophytis SA is a clinical-stage biotechnology company specializing in the development of therapies aimed at slowing the degenerative processes associated with aging and improving the functional outcomes of patients with age-related diseases, including severe respiratory failure in patients with COVID-19. . Sarconeos (BIO101), our lead drug candidate, is a small molecule, orally administered drug in development for the treatment of sarcopenia in a Phase 2 clinical trial in the United States and Europe (SARA-INT). It is also under investigation, in a two-part Phase 2-3 (COVA) clinical study for the treatment of severe respiratory manifestations of COVID-19 in Europe, Latin America and the United States. A pediatric formulation of Sarconeos (BIO101) is under development for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The company is based in Paris, France, and Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company’s ordinary shares are listed on Euronext Growth (Ticker: ALBPS -ISIN: FR0012816825) and ADS (American Depositary Shares) are listed on Nasdaq Capital Market (Ticker BPTS – ISIN: US09076G1040). For more information visit www.biophytis.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify such forward-looking statements by using words such as “prospect”, “believes”, “expects”, “,”, “” might “,” seeks “,” predicts “,” a intention “,” trends “,” plans “,” estimates “,” forecasts “or the negative version of these or other comparable words. These forward-looking statements are based on assumptions that Biophytis considers to be reasonable. However, there can be no assurance that the statements contained in these forward-looking statements will be verified, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to risks not yet known to Biophytis or currently considered. as insignificant by Biophytis. Consequently, there is or there are material factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those shown in such statements. Please also refer to the section “Risks and uncertainties facing the Company” of the Company’s 2020 annual report available on the BIOPHYTIS website (www.biophytis.com) and as discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of Form 20-F and other forms filed with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission, United States). We assume no obligation to update or publicly review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Biophytis Contact for Investor Relations
Evelyne Nguyen, Chief Financial Officer
Life science advisors
T: +33 6 27 74 74 49