Manila, Philippines – Panasonic, as part of its global campaign to spread the advocacy for cleaner, fresher air for life, recently donated to the Philippine General Hospital – nanoeMT air purifiers, nanoeMT X generators and air conditioners equipped with nanoeMT X that have been verified to have inhibitory effects on the novel coronavirus *0.
Panasonic Air-Conditioning Philippines General Manager Masaru Toyota, Life Solutions Group Country Manager Yosuke Tanaka, PGH Director, Dr Gerardo Legaspi, PGH Spokesman, Dr Jonas del Rosario, Director Assistant Hospital Operations, Dr Stella Manalo; and Head of the Hospital Infection Control Unit, Dr Regina Berba.
In his statement, Panasonic Air-Conditioning Philippines CEO Masaru Toyota explained that this has always been Panasonic’s intention, with the introduction of the nanoeMT in 1997 and nanoeMT X in 2016, to provide cleaner and fresher air to improve the quality of life for all.
Mr. Toyota further explained, “In 2009, with the help of an independent testing organization, Panasonic verified the effect of hydroxyl radicals in water against avian influenza and new strains of influenza, and in 2012, together with an independent testing organization in Germany, we performed virus elimination tests which showed the technology’s effectiveness against highly resistant viruses and unknown viruses. “*1
“Last year, again, using an independent testing organization, Texcell *2 – France, we further verified the inhibitory effect of Panasonic’s patented nanoeMT X on the new coronavirus which causes Covid-19, ”he added.
The PGH business is part of a larger program by Panasonic in the Philippines to provide air purification and anti-covid technology from nanoeMT X at selected sites in the National Capital Region to protect primary care physicians and Filipinos in vaccination zones and make them feel safer, as well as the public, with the theme “Bring back the Filipino smile” in partnership with selected local governments.
The CEO of Panasonic Philippines said, “Our goal is for our medical liners to feel a safer environment and for patients to also have a sense of added protection outside of current mandatory hygiene practices like wearing masks, l use of face shields and use of hand sanitizers.
PGH Director Dr Legaspi expressed appreciation for Panasonic’s efforts: “This is proving to be a very auspicious morning for the Philippine General Hospital, which enjoys this support, which improves our ability to comfort our patients. healthcare workers as well as to improve protection against aerosol transmission of the virus.
He added: “As a research and training hospital, we at PGH welcome technologies like these, which we can test and validate to the extent that their effectiveness helps us to control the transmission of this disease. viruses and other infections as well. “
Masaru Toyota of Panasonic ended by praising the efforts of all who worked tirelessly and were affected by the time of the pandemic, “We at Panasonic want to start bringing back the smiles of our pandemic heroes, those on the front lines. against COVID-19 – all of you here at Philippine General Hospital have been at the forefront of the fight against the pandemic since 2019. We appreciate your courageous efforts! Again, it is not only you, our front lines who will benefit, but also your patients who are recovering from this disease. You all deserve to feel safer and more secure to smile again.
For more information about Panasonic and its patented technologies, please visit https://www.panasonic.com/ph/nanoe
* 0: based on Texcell, a global contract research organization, verified the inhibitory effect of nanoe ™ X technology with the benefits of hydroxyl radicals on the new adhered coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) placed in a box of 45 L. More than 99.99% of the activity of the adhered novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) was inhibited within 2 hours.
Note: This audit was designed to generate basic research data on the effects of nanoe ™ X on the novel coronavirus under different laboratory conditions than those found in living spaces. It was not designed to evaluate the performance of the product.
* 1: Main versions on audit cases
– May 12, 2009 ： The positive effects of charged water particles on viruses, bacteria and agricultural chemicals have been verified.
– October 20, 2009 ： New influenza virus inhibitory effect of charged water particles has been verified.
– February 20, 2012 ： The effect of removing charged water particles on allergens, bacteria, fungi and viruses related to pets has been verified.
– January 16, 2014 ： Nanoscale electrostatic atomized water particles effectively break down PM2.5 components and inhibit the growth of fungi attached to yellow sand.
* 2: Texcell is a global contract research organization specializing in viral testing, viral clearance, immunoprofiling and R&D or GMP cell banks, for your R&D, GClP, GLP and GMP projects.
With more than 30 years of experience and roots within the Institut Pasteur in Paris, Texcell has long-standing recognized expertise in viral testing with a wide range of protocols for the detection of adventitious agents.
Texcell is the first spin-off of the Institut Pasteur in Paris, created in 1997.