Los Angeles, United States, November 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Promising treatment for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma enters clinical trials | SearchInsight
There is a plethora of companies developing therapies to treat advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. CStone Pharmaceuticals has its most advanced stage drug candidate (Phase III).
“DelveInsight”Advanced overview of the hepatocellular carcinoma pipeline”Report provides comprehensive information on 50+ companies and 50+ pipeline drugs in the pipeline landscapes of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. It includes advanced hepatocellular carcinoma pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also includes the therapeutic evaluation of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma by product type, stage, route of administration and molecule type and highlights inactive products of the advanced hepatocellular carcinoma pipeline.
Some of the main takeaways from the Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma Pipeline Report
- Large companies such as CStone Pharmaceuticals, Akesobio, Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group, Yiviva Inc., BeiGene, CSPC ZhongQi Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd., Carsgen Therapeutics, Ltd., Jiangsu Alphamab Biopharmaceuticals, Sunshine Lake Pharma Co., Ltd., AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc ., Zai Lab (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Sinocelltech Ltd., LTD, Eureka Therapeutics Inc., Taizhou Hanzhong biomedical co. LTD, Antengene Therapeutics Limited, Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding, Vaxcell Bio, Co., Ltd., MacroGenics, TaiRx, Shanghai Henlius Biotech, Highlight Therapeutics, Geneos Therapeutics, Adaptimmune Therapeutics, and others are developing potential drug candidates to improve the treatment scenario for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. X
- In January 2021, AVEO Oncology announced the presentation of the results of the Phase 1b part of the Phase 1b / 2 DEDUCTIVE clinical trial of tivozanib (FOTIVDA®), the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR) tyrosine kinase (TKI) inhibitor drug candidate from AVEO, in combination with IMFINZI® (durvalumab), the human monoclonal antibody from AstraZeneca directed against programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1), in patients with advanced or metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- In July 2020, CStone Pharmaceuticals announced that the US FDA had granted a orphan drug designation for CS 1003 to treat hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Tebotelimab is a bispecific and tetravalent DART molecule targeting PD-1 and LAG-3. MacroGenics evaluates the molecule in patients as monotherapy and in combination with other agents. The Company’s partner in Greater China, Zaï laboratoryconsider tebotelimab as monotherapy in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and melanoma and in combination with niraparib in various advanced or metastatic patients with solid tumors.
- In July 2021, Eureka Therapeutics announced the launch of a phase I / II clinical trial of ECT204, a GPC3 targeting ARTEMIS® T-cell therapy to treat hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the predominant type of liver cancer.
- In June 2021, Innovative organic products announced that China’s National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) has approved the Supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for TYVYT® (injection of sintilimab) in combination with BYVASDA® (injection of biosimilar bevacizumab) as first-line treatment for people with advanced or unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- GT-30 is a phase I / II trial of the personalized vaccine, GNOS-PV02, in combination with plasmid pIL-12 and pembrolizumab in second-line patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
Get an overview of the pipeline landscape @ Advanced review of hepatocellular carcinoma clinical trials
Hepatocellular carcinoma is the second leading cause of cancer death.
Emerging drugs for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
- CS1003: CStone Pharmaceuticals
CS1003 is a humanized recombinant IgG4 monoclonal antibody targeting human programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1), which is under development for the immunotherapy of various tumors. Currently, it is in Phase III evaluation stage of the clinical trial to treat advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
AK104 is a potential new generation, first-in-class humanized bi-specific IgG1 tetrameric antibody candidate, based on Akeso’s proprietary “” TETRABODY “” technology and simultaneously targeting two immune checkpoint molecules: PD -1 and CTLA-4. In January 2021, Akeso Pharmaceuticals initiated an open multi-center operation Phase II study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of anti-PD-1 / CTLA-4 AK104 bispecific antibody alone or in combination with lenvatinib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
YIV-906 (also PHY906 or KD018) is a therapeutic candidate composed of a proprietary cGMP botanical extract of four herbs inspired by a formulation of traditional Chinese medicine that has been used for over a millennium. Yiviva Inc., is leading a Phase II Randomized, placebo-controlled study examining the combination of YIV-906 and sorafenib (Nexavar®) in HBV (+) patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. The FDA has granted YIV-906 Orphan drug designations for liver and pancreatic cancers.
CVM-1118 (Foslinanib) is a new synthetic small molecule with strong anticancer activity, a high margin of safety and multiple mechanisms of action to target specific cancer factors. Based on the results of the phase I clinical studies, CVM-1118 has been granted approval to conduct two phase II clinical trials by the US FDA and the Taiwan FDA. One is to conduct a Phase II study to evaluate the efficacy of CVM-1118 in combination with sorafenib in subjects with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC); another is to study the efficacy of CVM-1118 in patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumors (NETs).
For more information, refer to the detailed report @ Advanced Therapeutics of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Pipeline
Scope Drug Overview of the Advanced Pipeline for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Blanket: Global
- Major players: more than 50 key players
- Leading players: CStone Pharmaceuticals, Akesobio, Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical Group, Yiviva Inc., BeiGene, CSPC ZhongQi Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd., Carsgen Therapeutics, Ltd., Jiangsu Alphamab Biopharmaceuticals, Sunshine Lake Pharma Co., Ltd. , AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Zai Lab (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Sinocelltech Ltd., LTD, Eureka Therapeutics Inc., Taizhou Hanzhong biomedical co. LTD, Antengene Therapeutics Limited, Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Holding, Vaxcell Bio, Co., Ltd., MacroGenics, TaiRx, Shanghai Henlius Biotech, Highlight Therapeutics, Geneos Therapeutics, Adaptimmune Therapeutics and many others.
- Key Drug Profiles: Over 50 Products
- Steps :
Advanced treatments for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (phase III)
Advanced therapies for mid-stage hepatocellular carcinoma (phase II)
Advanced treatments for early stage hepatocellular carcinoma (phase I)
Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma preclinical stage and candidates for discovery
Abandoned and inactive candidates
Programmed cell death receptor antagonists-1
MTORC1 protein inhibitors
· Genetical therapy
Mono / Combination
Key questions regarding Current landscape of advanced treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma and emerging therapies addressed in the pipeline report
- What are the current options for the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- How many emerging therapies are there for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in early, intermediate and late stages of development to treat advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-University), mergers & acquisitions, and significant licensing activities that will impact the Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma market?
- What are dormant and abandoned products and the reasons for them?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies for the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- What are the new therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies currently being developed to overcome the limitations of existing therapies for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- What are the critical designations that have been given to emerging therapies for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
- How many patents are granted and pending for emerging therapies to treat advanced hepatocellular carcinoma?
|1||Presentation of the report on advanced hepatocellular carcinoma|
|2||Executive summary of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma|
|3||Overview of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma|
|4||Advanced Therapeutics of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Pipeline|
|5||Advanced therapeutic evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma|
|6||Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma – In-Depth Business Review from DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective|
|7||Advanced products of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (phase III)|
|7.1||CS1003: CStone Pharmaceuticals|
|8||Advanced products for intermediate stage hepatocellular carcinoma (phase II)|
|8.1||AK104: Akeso Bio|
|9||Early stage advanced hepatocellular carcinoma products (phase I)|
|ten||Advanced preclinical and discovery products of hepatocellular carcinoma|
|10.1||Drug name: Company name|
|11||Inactive products for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma|
|12||Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Key companies|
|13||Key products of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma|
|14||Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Unmet need|
|15||Drivers and Obstacles in the Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma Market|
|16||Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Future prospects and conclusion|
|17||Advanced Opinions of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Analysts|
Get a Custom Pipeline Report @ Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma Drug Pipeline Report
Browse blog posts
DelveInsight is a leading business consulting and market research firm focused exclusively on the life sciences. It supports pharmaceutical companies by providing them with complete end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Health counseling services including credible market analysis that will help accelerate business growth and overcome challenges with a hands-on approach.