HERCULES, Calif. — Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb), a global leader in life science research and clinical diagnostic products, recently announced the launch of StarBrightMT UltraViolet 400 Dye, the first in its line of unique fluorescent nanoparticles designed for use with a UV laser in flow cytometry applications.
StarBright UltraViolet 400 dye provides exceptional brightness with narrow excitation and emission profiles, making it suitable for use in multi-color flow cytometry panels. Bio-Rad’s line of StarBright dyes are conjugated to highly validated flow antibodies and are compatible with most flow cytometers and experimental protocols.
“The new StarBright UltraViolet 400 dye provides a high-performance alternative to existing 355-nanometer UV laser-excitable dyes, without the need for special buffers,” said Mike Blundell, PhD, product manager, flow cytometry, Life Science Group , Bio-Rad. “The unique properties provide researchers with greater choice and flexibility when designing flow cytometry experiments.”
Key Benefits of StarBright Dyes
- Compatible with new and existing protocols and suitable for use in multiplex panels.
- Resistant to photobleaching and very stable with minimal batch-to-batch variation.
- Reliable Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET) for reproducible data.
- Work with common staining pads, including specialty polymer staining pads, for easy integration into multi-color panels.
- Make sure there is no signal loss in the mount.
- Offer narrow excitation and emission profiles for improved resolution in new and existing multicolor flow cytometry experiments.