Four state agencies seek candidates with technology expertise in change management, application development, engineering, and executive leadership.
the California Department of Aging extends its search for a news director (Career Executive Assignment) to serve as a member of the department’s leadership team and to participate in program planning. In addition, the IOC will oversee policy formulation, evaluation and implementation; organizational coordination and control; and tax and personnel management, according to the job offer.
job offer and declaration of duty provide further details: “The CIO will be responsible for facilitating the implementation of an enterprise customer relationship management (CRM) system for the aging network; ensure interoperability with other systems containing data on aging and disability; create public dashboards for transparency of aging data; help establish contact centres, including call services and websites, for access to information and services on aging and disability; ensure that the department’s computer systems remain compliant with federal and state legal and regulatory requirements; ensuring that computer systems and the data contained in those systems meet federal and state security requirements; and oversee all efforts related to the operation and management of the department’s core IT systems and the new CRM system.
This position has a monthly salary range of $10,831 to $12,903 and the application deadline is April 13.
the California Department of Motor Vehicles search a senior change management analyst (IT Specialist II) for “providing change management support for the Digital eXperience Platform (DXP) project”, the job offer said. “The incumbent will lead the more complex activities associated with the development, maintenance and monitoring of standardized methods and procedures for the efficient and timely processing of all changes to minimize the impact of the change on the quality of the DMV service. “
The lead analyst “will lead the creation of actionable deliverables for all five levels of change management: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, and resistance management plan,” the article notes. . “This role requires familiarity with a fast-paced, agile environment and the ability to recognize, accept, encourage and implement change.” Desirable qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to demonstrate project management and change management skills.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in contract and/or vendor management.
- Experience in delivering services with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize workload to accommodate changing priorities and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Professional Certification in Project Management
More details are available in the declaration of duty. The monthly salary range for this position is $7,700 to $10,318 and the application deadline is March 22.
the California Department of Technology (CDT) has extended its recruitment for a DevOps Engineer (IT Specialist I) to be responsible for technical support for the Office of Enterprise Technology (OET) and other business requests including BizSecDevOps consulting, infrastructure/configuration management, automation for the engineering “build and release”, the reliability of the site and the infrastructure, the facilitation of the automation the tests and the management of the Lab Innovation, according to the job offer.
The Engineer “optimizes and applies architecture solutions” and provides insights for the formulation of IT strategies within the organization, with an emphasis on DevOps principles of application security and maintenance of the Lab. innovation. More details on this role are available in the declaration of duty. Desirable qualifications for this role include:
- Experience in infrastructure automation/configuration management including Ansible, CloudFormation, PowerShell, Terraform and Azure Resource Manager.
- Experience implementing database backup and recovery in a highly scalable infrastructure.
- Experience in cross-region and multi-cloud database replications.
- Experience in databases like MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience in multicloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Network administration and maintenance of system logs, hardware/software licenses and agreements.
- Experience working with agile development teams in a continuous integration model/continuous release cycles such as AzureDevOps, Ansible, Jenkins to maximize efficiency.
- Knowledge/experience with logging and monitoring (e.g. Azure Monitor, Splunk, Kibana, Monitis, Cloudwatch, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
The position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 to $9,408 and the application deadline is March 28. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Desirable qualifications for this role include:
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to promote a positive work environment and relationships with others.
The position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 to $9,408, and recruitment will continue until the position is filled. More details are available in the declaration of duty.